In preparation for your season and the potential of a ‘no deal’ Brexit, we are advising all team members who plan to drive in an EU and EEA country after 28th March 2019 to obtain an International Driving Permit (IDP) before your season begins.

An IDP is an official, multi-language translation of your driving licence. An IDP must be carried in addition to your Great British or Northern Irish driving licence.

In the event of a ‘no deal” Brexit, you may be required to carry the following permits to drive in the following countries after 28th March 2019:

  • 1949 permit to drive in Spain (valid for 12 months)
  • 1968 permit to drive in all other EU Countries, plus Switzerland (valid for 3 years)

Each permit costs £5.50 and will be provided over the counter at the Post Office. To apply for your IDP you will need:

  • To be age 18 years or older
  • Full valid driving licence – photo card or paper license
  • A passport sized photo
  • £5.50 application fee per IDP
  • Original valid passport if using the paper license

Click here to find your nearest Post Office branch.

Should the document become a legal requirement from the 28th March 2019, you will only be able to drive a company vehicle or hire vehicle on behalf of the company when holding the required legal documentation (your driving licence and the relevant IDP). It is in your best interest to be prepared for all Brexit eventualities.

For further information, please follow these links:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *